I just got back from a very bad Texmex experience. Not only did the restaurant use cheddar cheese instead of synthetic nacho cheese in their nachos, but my meal also cost 10 pounds. Where's the good Mexican food?
Last Saturday we went to Stonehenge and Salisbury. Stonehenge was just as I expected. You can no longer go up to the rocks and touch them. They make you walk around a 90 foot perimeter. I cannot believe how old the structure is. We even tried to duplicate Stonehenge's grandness by making a 10-person pyramid on the grass in front of it. We failed horribly, although I did manage to snap a picture before everyone toppled to the ground.
After Stonehenge, we took a short bus ride to the town of Salisbury. I don't remember much from the description of the town but it has a gigantic cathedral and small town center with restaurants and shops. My friends and I had lunch at a pub called The Haunch of Venison which was built around 1320. The floors slightly tilted and we had to mind our silverware as they tended to slide right off of our plates onto the table.
I did not have class on Monday so I took a trip with some friends to Temple, a small, circular church built by the Knights Templar in the 12th century. The church was refurbished multiple times since its creation, but it's still very open and light inside. Not to mention Tom Hanks graced the church with his presence when he filmed The Da Vinci Code. Later that night we walked up to Notting Hill to see Duplicity, the new movie with Julia Roberts. The theater has Monday student nights when students can see a movie and choose any drink from the bar for 3.50. Where are these nights in Madison?
Tomorrow is a BIG day. I have a class and then our entire group is going to tea at a hotel near our flat. Immediately after tea, we are all going to see the show, Billy Elliot. All of us have been waiting for this day since it was announced. I am beyond excited for a real tea.
That's all for tonight. Back to my homework...
No comments:
Post a Comment