
Ok, so I didn't take this picture. However, I did see the musical last night and LOVED it!! The boy who played Billy was an excellent dancer and so darn cute! I've been lucky enough to see a few musicals this semester and haven't disliked one of them! I don't think I've mentioned this in any previous blogs so to recap the semester, I got to see Wicked and Oliver in addition to Billy Elliot. It's too bad Minneapolis doesn't have this kind of selection for shows. It was especially nice to see Billy Elliot in England where the story takes place. For those of you who don't know, it's about a little boy who wants to be a ballet dancer instead of a boxer. The boys they get to play this part must train so hard to perfect their dancing. They look to be at about a 18-year-old skill level instead of 11. Amazing.
We also had high tea yesterday at a hotel on Kensington High Street! Everything tasted so good. They served us sandwiches, scones, cakes and tea of course. I loved having an occasion to dress up for. After, we took a stroll through Hyde Park and fed the ducks our leftover cake. What a cool day.
Tonight I must write a paper before heading off to Wales for the weekend. Three other girls and I are going "ponytrekking" on the coast and staying in a b&b. I'm a little bit nervous about the horse part considering the last time I rode a horse was at a birthday party in 4th grade but the guides assured us it's very safe and all of the horses are quite tame. I keep glancing at the Web site out of excitement. Here it is if you're curious: http://www.parc-le-breos.co.uk/ . Looks to be beautiful :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment