The game was very fun and I'm glad I went. Fulham played West Brompton in a fairly small neighborhood stadium. Two friends of mine bet on the game and one of them won 120 pounds! He bet that Fulham would win 2-0 and after they scored their second goal, we waited for the last, nail-biting five minutes as we cheered for Fulham to stop scoring. As poor college students, we were all excited to hear that one of us finally had a lucky break.
I don't have class on Mondays so yesterday I got together with my friends, Kelly and Logan, and had a coloring contest! It's not as elementary as it sounds...First, to get inspiration, we took the bus to the National Gallery and saw paintings by Rembrandt, Van Gogh, and Monet. Our original plan was to sit on a bench and sketch our favorite painting. After witnessing the masses of crowds in the museum however, we needed a new plan. We decided to do our sketches outside the gallery on the steps of Trafalgar Square. Logan bought us all colored pencils and sketch pads. We got some coffee, plugged in our ipods and got to work. After an hour, we had three masterpieces that turned out completely different from one other. Upon our arrival back at the flat, we realized that there was no clear winner. Our clearly biased judge, Lucas, responded positively to the "I Love Lucas" clouds in the background of Logan's picture while our other roommates liked the artistic values of mine and the color in Kelly's. Either way, we have decided to continue this activity on Mondays at certain spots in London. At the end of the semester we will host our own exhibition. You can look forward to pictures from that in the future.
In other news, spring break starts on Friday and everyone will be leaving me for Spain/Greece Friday afternoon. I will be alone in London for the first time ever. It feels a little scary, yet liberating. My cousin Ashley arrives with her school on Friday for the week and I'm excited to show her around a bit. My mom arrives on Sunday morning. Yay! In the meantime, I will occupy myself with walks around new, unexplored places like Covent Garden and eat a lot of chocolate digestives (a whole other topic, which I will have to devote an entire entry to at some point in time. In short, these are the BEST british cookies in the world.)
-M
No comments:
Post a Comment