Sunday, January 25, 2009

Coat of Arms

Sorry it's taken so long to update! Here's the 411:

1. My family know my luck with coats. It's bad. This story adds to the list. While at a pub in Soho Friday night, my coat was taken on accident by a guy gathering his own coats. Of course it was not returned and I am upset. Now I am stuck wearing my northface ski jacket which by the way, was pooped on by a bird yesterday at Windsor Castle.

2. I booked a trip to Wales for April. I am traveling with three other girls and we are staying in a huge villa and horseback riding on the beach all weekend. Stay tuned for commentary/pictures later in the year. I am so excited!

3. Yesterday we took a day trip to Windsor Castle. (I probably should have started with this happy news). As you can see from the picture above, the castle is beautiful as are the grounds and shopping area. We walked through the castle with a little taped commentary and got to see the Queen's dollhouse, royal china, silver furniture and much more. My favorite section was the china section, which has so many gorgeous, old pieces of all different colors and designs. After the tour through the castle, we ate sandwiches at a little pub nearby and then went to explore Eton. The school of Eton educates boys from ages 13-18 and it is where Princes Harry and William went. The boys all have to wear tailcoats to class! I thought that was interesting and uncomfortable sounding.
By the end of the day, everyone was exhausted. Our lives here are constantly busy with either school or some sort of tour or outing. I like it a lot but can use some rest, and I'm sure everyone else can as well. There are signs of sickness on the horizon so we're all taking it easy and making today a homework day! Exciting.
-M

2 comments:

  1. Megan--I love reading your blog. You write well and it's fun to hear about all you are doing! Sounds like a great experience. You will love Belgium too. Be sure to go to Brugge if you get a chance. (Not sure how to spell it.) Too bad about your coat--buy a new one there and then you can say it's from London! And Windsor castle is so amazing. There is so much history when you think of about everyone who has lived there.
    Will you get to see Cornwall? I've always wanted to go there. It's somewhere in the southern part of England.
    Saw your Mom last night and she gave me some of the Groves' wonderful raspberry butter cookies and a beautiful pair of mittens she knit. Boy do you have a talented mother! Wore the mittens already today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, Megan--Laurie. I could only post it as anonymous!

    ReplyDelete