A Kodak Moment. Yes, that is what the ticket agent said to me as I tried to swipe my passport under the wrong scanner. I was in the airport for less than 5 minutes and was already screwing up. A fine "how do you do" to my life abroad.
After a swipe of a passport, an eight hour flight and a close call with a fake black cab driver, I arrived safely in London this morning at 7AM. (Don't worry... the 'fake' cab driver fooled us for about 30 seconds before we realized he was not headed to any accredited black London taxi upon which time we booked it toward the legit London cabs)
I have managed to sleep a total of 4...5? 7? hours since Tuesday night. I have two roommates and both are great. Of course, seeing my luck, my roommates and I are squeezed into the smallest triple in the flat. We are however, making due. It does help that we only brought a small sample size of our total amount of clothing. I will impress you all by saying that I managed to keep it to one small suitcase and one large one. (However, the cab driver did comment on the amount of luggage typical ladies tend to carry with them while traveling... hmmm)
Today we walked down Kensington High Street and found a place to eat. We also looked into some of the stores, all of which are too expensive for me to even think about. We then met the leaders of our program and all got together for a small dinner with the other students.
It's been a long day but hopefully tomorrow will be better. I am especially excited for Saturday when we get to take a tour of London and see all of the touristy sites. I never realized until today how different England and the US really are. Their customs are not what I'm used to, but it will be fun to learn them. -- I am going to sleep now finally!! Love and miss you all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteLove the Blogg Megan! Can not wait to hear about the tour of London. Dad
ReplyDelete