Yesterday, we took a trip to the British Museum. We saw everything from old English chess sets to mummies. (You can see all of the pictures from the trip on my flickr site... www.flickr.com/photos/mcgroves ) I really liked the museum and I am planning to return soon for another field trip with my history class.
Today was really great! I woke up early and went with my friends to Portobello Market in Notting Hill. It was my first time in Notting Hill and I loved everything about the borough. The buildings are all so unique and beautiful and the market was incredible. (The picture above is of some houses I found in Notting Hill). At the market, people were selling antiques, food, coffee and flowers. I hope to go back really soon. It will be even better when the weather improves, although at 40 degrees I cannot complain.
Tonight I just hung around with my other flatmates. We have had a great time together and we cannot believe that we've only known each other for a week. It feels like much longer. Now that everybody is finally on a somewhat-normal sleeping pattern, we can finally begin a routein here. Tomorrow we are all getting up early and going to Camden for a boat ride. I don't really know what to expect, but I'm sure it will be fun. Talk to you all later!
-M
Yeah... you better not complain about 40 degrees! its been significantly below zero a lot :-( I'm headed back to our lonely apartment today... still no sub-letter! I will be missing you but I'm glad your new roomies seem fun!
ReplyDelete-Sarah