Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Postcards from Far Away


As I am writing, I am listening to a song called "Postcards from Far Away". The piece is a gorgeous instrumental by Coldplay. What a great song (and title) for a blog post.

I have led a boring life the past couple of days. Catching up on sleep became a necessity on Monday, as I had no class. I also started a new book- "The Pelican Brief" by John Grisham. This is the first time in a long while I have been able to read for pleasure and I am so excited about it. Next on my list is "Great Expectations" which I feel is very fitting. I find it a novelty to read about a place that I am actually in. It's like being in the story.

My classes are going well. The homework load is picking up a bit and it makes my life all the more busy, which is good. After all, it is a study program.

Hopefully I will have more interesting info to report in the next couple of days. Hope you are all doing well back home! Let me know what you're up to!
-M

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan!! It is Dad. I miss you a lot! Just love reading your blog and seeing pictures. The fish and chips looked very yummy!! Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I HAD a busy day today with work and all, and then it quickly turned into a day resembling this blog entry (uneventful). My manager sent me home right away because he though I had pink eye. which I guess I will find out in the morning if I actually do, when my eye is glued shut. Thus resulting in another "no contact with anything" day. yahoo. but I'm going skiing on Thursday, and maybe Madison this weekend, so that's cool. Have a cool Wednesday.

    -Dustin

    ReplyDelete